Position – research and technical worker, Department of Genomics and Biodiversity, Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec.
Field of interest: molecular biology, animal genetics, the quality of animal products, nutrigenomics.
Scientific achievements: ca 100 publications, 40 papers from JCR list, 4 sections in scientific books, 65 reports on national and international conferences. Total citations ca. 140, Hirsch Index – 6.
Selected scientific achievements:
- The identification of new polymorphisms in coding and regulatory regions in porcine MyoD family gene, and correlations between these polymorphisms and productive traits in pigs.
- The elaboration and analysis of transcriptomic profile of the selected genes involved to development in muscle tissue on different breeds of pigs.
- The analysis of polymorphism of the selected candidate genes associated with carcass meatiness and meat quality in pigs.
- The preliminary nutrigenomics analysis – the elaboration of transcriptomic profile associated with supplementation bioactive feed components polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Realized research projects.
The Principal Investigator of 1 project and co-investigator of 3 projects
- The principal investigator: “The polymorphism of the other main candidate genes for the carcass quality traits in pigs.”.
- The co-investigator of subtask 3.4. “The use of molecular methods to verify of genetic basis of traits quality pork” in BIOFOOD – innovative functional products of animal origin”
- The co-investigator in projects: “The functional genomics of muscle cells and the polymorphism of regulatory sequences of genes associated with quantitative and qualitative features of meat pigs and cattle”.
Organizational activity, dissemination and others:
The member of Polish Society of Genetics from 2002 year.
The didactic activity: the lectures on West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin (from 2007 year to until now). The exercises for participants of Summer School in Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec (2-5 July 2010 year). The co-organizator of workshops “Workshop on methods of gene expression measurement in animal breeding and quality of animal products” within the framework of “The Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Genomics, Biotechnology and Quality of Animal Products in Suistainable Production Systems with consideration of Animal Welfare – ANIMBIOGEN in EU (FP7) – 18-22 October 2010.
The attendant of student’s in Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec – every year from 2003.
The co-promotor in Ph.D. of Monika Kumalska from The Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding in West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin.
The international training in Animal Science Group, University of Wageningen, Netherland, from May to July 2011 year.
The lectures on national and international conferences from 2002 year to until now.
- M. Pierzchała, D. Pierzchała, M. Ogłuszka, E. Poławska, T. Blicharski, A. Roszczyk, A. Nawrocka, P. URBAŃSKI, K. Stepanow, A. Ciepłoch, A. Korwin-Kossakowska, M.F.W.te Pas, B. Slaska, M. Buszewska-Forajta, J.M. Jaśkowski, M. Sachajko, M. Herudzińska, B.M. Jaśkowski, W. Niżański, L. Fraser, C.S. Pareek (2020). -Identification of differentially expressed gene transcripts in porcine endometrium during early stages of pregnancy. Life, 10(5), E68 https://doi.org/10.3390/life10050068
- M. Ogłuszka, A. Szostak, M.F.W. te Pas, E. Poławska, P.URBAŃSKI, T. Blicharski, C.S. Pareek, E. Juszczuk-Kubiak, J.R. Dunkelberger, J.O. Horbańczuk (2017): - „A porcine gluteus medius muscle genome – wide transcriptome analysis: dietary effects of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids on biological mechanisms”. Genes & Nutrition. 2017 Jan 31; 12.4. doi: 10.1186/s12263-017-0552-8.
- A. Szostak, M. Ogłuszka, M.F.W.tePas, E. Poławska, P. URBAŃSKI, E. Juszczuk-Kubiak, T. Blicharski, C.S. Pareek, J.R. Dunkelberger, J.O. Horbańczuk, M. Pierzchała (2016): - „Effect of a diet enriched with omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids on the pig liver transcriptome”. Genes & Nutrition Mar 17; 11:9 doi: 10.1186/s12263-016-0517-4.
- P. URBAŃSKI, M. Pierzchała, A. Terman, M. Kamyczek, M. Różycki, A. Roszczyk, U. Czarnik (2015): - „The relationship between the polymorphism of the porcine CAST gene and productive traits in pigs”. Canadian Journal of Animal Science 95(3), 361-367.
- M. Pierzchała, A.J.W. Hoekman, P. URBAŃSKI, L. Krujit, L. Kristensen, J.F. Young, N. Oksbjerg, D. Goluch, M.F.W. te Pas (2014): - “Validation of biomarkers for loin meat quality (m. longissimus) of pigs”. Journal of Animal Breeding of Genetics 131(4), 258-270.
Links to professional profile (e.g. Research Gate, Scopus, Linkedin), do not include links to private profiles (e.g. Facebook).