Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences opens recruitment for
PhD Studies in English
in the following fields:
- Molecular genetics and animal breeding;
- Animal biotechnology and experimental embryology;
- Animal behaviour;
- Animal production systems, quality of food of animal origin;
Formal requirements for candidates:
- Master degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: veterinary, biotechnology, biology, animal science, food technology;
- Completed studies with a very good or good results, obtained an average grade from the whole course of studies of at least 4.00 (good in Polish scale) or equivalent;
- Willingness and skills to carry out academic and research work;
- Fluent English.
The outcome of recruitment will be based on positive result of interview which will be held at IGAB PAS in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw, Poland or online on July 10th, 2018.
The candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
- Application letter;
- Personal information form (available at IGAB PAS website);
- Three ID photos;
- University diploma transcript in English or Polish;
- Confirmation of an average overall grade from the studies;
- A copy of an ID or passport;
- A summary of professional accomplishments including the information on:
- One’s motivation to apply for the participation in the PhD program;
- Field of interest of future PhD thesis;
- Candidate’s achievements;
- The list of publications.
The foreigners are asked to submit additional documents:
- A document confirming the English proficiency;
- A visa or a residence card, or other document entitling the person to reside on the territory of the Republic of Poland if, at the stage of submitting an application to the program, such a person possesses this document;
- Two opinions from the person’s university or workplace, presenting the description of the candidate’s professional accomplishments and showing their predispositions to carry out research;
The successful foreign candidates will be additionally required to submit by the end of July 2018 the documents listed in the “Terms and conditions of a PhD program in English” (see §11, point 3 c, j).
Full documentation should be submitted by July 4th, 2018 to the secretariat of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec, Postępu 36 A Street, 05-552 Magdalenka, Poland by post or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PhD Studies in English at IGAB PAS are free of charge for Polish citizens. Detailed information concerning participations of foreigners are included in the “Terms and conditions of a PhD program in English” (§ 9).
Attachments available at the IGAB PAS website: http://www.ighz.edu.pl/aktualnosc/recruitment-for-phd-studies-in-english
- Terms and conditions of a PhD program in English;
- Personal information form.
The candidates are asked to express consent to personal data processing with the following statement:
I consent to having my personal data processed for the purposes necessary for the recruitment process conducted by the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- The administrator of personal data collected during the recruitment process is the Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding of the Polish Academy of Sciences, entered into the register of institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences (kept by the Polish Academy of Sciences) under the number RIN-V-32/98, NIP no. 1230018381, REGON no. 000326196, address: Jastrzębiec, ul. Postępu 36A, 05-552 Magdalenka.
- Personal data provided to the Administrator by the participants of the recruitment process will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ.EU.L. of 2016 No. 119/1, hereinafter referred to as "GDPR").
- According to art. 5, 6, 7 and 13 of GDPR, the Administrator informs that:
- Personal data provided by the participant of the recruitment process will be processed on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 letter a) of GDPR, i.e. on the basis of their consent and in the range which is necessary to appropriate realization of PhD studies in English
- The person involved in the recruitment process has the right to request access to personal data, correct or remove it, as well as limit its processing, oppose to data processing, the right to transfer data and the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory body.
- The person participating in the recruitment process has the right to withdraw consent to the processing of data at any time, which does not affect the legality of the processing which had been carried out on the basis of consent granted before its withdrawal.
- Providing personal data by a person participating in the recruitment process is voluntary, however, the failure to provide it may prevent this process from being carried out.
4. In all matters related to the processing of personal data of persons participating in the recruitment process, please contact the Institute in writing at the following address: email@example.com